What’s the first thing you do when you see an interesting new product? When you’re looking for help with a problem? When you see what looks like a great new book?
If you’re like 84% of the rest of your world, you head immediately online to . . .
“Check out the website!”
Even when you are looking for a specific service, and you have been referred by a trusted friend – you STILL head online to check out the website!
So you can be assured that potential clients, and even your current clients, are looking at your site every day.
Whether they know you personally, have been attracted by a reference in an article, or arrive accidentally,
Visitors to your site are looking for different things, like:
- Is this business legitimate?
- How big is it?
- Where’s the office?
- Can the business help me with MY problem?
- What do others think?
- Why would I choose this business over another one?
- What valuable info can I get here for free?
- What does the owner stand for?
- Any job opportunities?
And the list goes on.
At the same time as visitors are landing at your site and deciding how long to stay, you should be asking yourself some questions about your website.
What are the questions for the website owner?
The questions you should have for your own website are fewer. In fact, there are just three:
- Is my website answering visitors’ questions?
- Is my website meeting my own marketing needs?
- How do I know?
And that’s the crux of the matter!
Do you KNOW the answers to these questions?
Most business owners cringe when they read these questions, because, while they are looking for and getting suggestions from all sides, they don’t know what marketing criteria to apply to their website marketing decisions. They are confused and overwhelmed.
When you’ve finished going through Website – The Hub of your Marketing Plan, you will breathe a sigh of relief.
Finally, you’ll have website marketing guidelines to follow. You’ll have suggestions and examples to consider. And you’ll have a good start on the answers to those three questions.
- First, you’ll know how good website “look and feel” helps answer many visitors’ questions within the first few seconds of their arrival. You’ll know what copy is essential.
- Second, you’ll know which website pages are critical and which may be desirable. You’ll know good ways to lay them out, and again, the essential copy.
- Finally, you’ll learn the best ways to capture these visitors’ attention – and names — so you can continue the relationship.
Of course, there is no “one size fits all” for websites.
But every successful website follows certain basic marketing rules. With this book you can review those rules. And if you need to break a rule, you’ll know which one to break.
Perhaps most reassuring, you’ll know how to deal with website designers when you reach out for the professional help you need.
Your website is the hub of all your marketing efforts, so make sure it is doing its job. With this book in hand, you can be. Get it now for only $21, with a complete money back guarantee of satisfaction.
The Marketing Machine®
P.S. As with other materials from The Marketing Machine Group, please order this training course only if you’re willing to take the time to put it to use. We really don’t encourage professionals to “try out” yet another set of marketing recommendations “just to see if they will work!”